Lalibela is proud to be part of a cluster of game reserves in the Eastern Cape. Together, we all make up the Indalo Protected Environment, which is a legally protected conservation area.
Whilst choosing which game reserve to visit can be tricky, these are the compelling reasons to choose Lalibela for your Eastern Cape safari:
- Lalibela is one of the very few Eastern Cape game reserves that is comprised of one contiguous, fully self-sustaining block where all species roam freely. There are no separate camps for lions, buffalo, elephants etc on Lalibela;
- Lalibela is the only game reserve in the Eastern Cape that has more lions than game viewers and our rigid vehicles per sighting policy ensures world class encounters without distraction;
- Lalibela is the only Eastern Cape Reserve where 100% of surplus revenue is ploughed back into community and conservation. No profits will ever be taken out of the Reserve;
- Unique to the Eastern Cape, the predominance of grassland savannah on the Reserve supports a way higher density of game than any other Reserve in the Eastern Cape, with truly startling numbers of plains game species supporting the impressive predator load; and
- Lalibela is one of only two Eastern Cape game reserves that has no public roads running through it – so you will never encounter members of the public whilst on game drives at Lalibela.