You would have heard of the term “slack-packing”…… At Lalibela, we have come up with our own Big 5 slack-packing experience.
Guests who book stays of 3 or 4 nights have the option of dividing their stay between 2 lodges. Lentaba, Tree Tops and Inzolo Lodges are all joined by a thickly wooded valley that is rich in biodiversity. At no additional cost, guests have the option of moving between Lentaba Lodge and Inzolo or between Tree Tops and Inzolo on foot and with an experienced guide.
Some more information about the walk and the programme:
- Your walk leaves Lentaba Lodge or Tree Tops after brunch (so after your morning game drive)
- Your luggage is transported to Inzolo Lodge, so you only need to have a day pack for camera, water etc
- The walk is not arduous and there is actually a slight decline in the topography as one heads towards Inzolo
- Being in a thickly wooded valley, the walk is generally in shade so one is not exposed to the harsh sun too much
- Whilst you will be in a Big 5 area, the risk of confronting elephants, buffalo, rhino and lion are actually quite limited due to the fact that they tend to spend less time in the vegetation type that the valley is comprised of
- The point of the walk is not to cover the distance as fast as possible but rather to immerse yourself in nature and to allow your guide to explain the wonders of nature by showing you spoor, leopard scratchings on trees, birdlife etc etc
- The walk can take anything between 5 and 7 hours as there are plenty of stops along the way
- The staff at Inzolo set up a table in the valley and you will enjoy a late lunch (About 80% of the way so you only have a short walk after lunch to get to Inzolo)
- This offer applies to guests staying at Tree Tops or in a luxury room at Lentaba Lodge (Tree Tops, Inzolo and Lentaba luxury rooms are common-rated)
- There is no additional charge
Are you interested in staying for 2 nights and still want to do a Big 5 Walking Safari? Read more about our Standard Big 5 Walking Safaris.